CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

2 Weeks Tommorrow!

This week has been pretty crazy. Justin went back to work which makes things kinda difficult when ur a new mom and don't exactly know what you are doing. Monday, miss Violet stayed up all day crying and crying. I just could not get her to sleep. By the time Justin got home I was pulling my hair out. We ended up taking her for a drive and she slept for 6 hours! That's the longest she has slept yet, I had to wake her up to feed her at that point. Tuesday went well, I am learning tricks to put her to sleep and learning that I have zero time for anything but baby. Its wierd, I barely have time to go to the bathroom now, let alone do dishes or clean up. This is all going to take some getting used to. Yesterday I attempted to give her a bath (her second) by myself. I was totally dreading it because she absolutely hated the first. To show me how much she loved it she pooped in the tub. Pretty funny right. So I cleaned it up and attempted bath number 3. What do you know, she poops again! Ok, bath time is over for today. At the time it was frustrating but now I can laugh about it. Today we took her to her pediatrician for her 2 week checkup. She weighs 8 lbs 2 oz! Holy moly, that's 13 oz in 9 days! She is definitely not underfed. The Dr. said she looks healthy and is growing great! He warned me that she might start getting colicky here in a week so I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't experience this. He also warned me that I might crash soon and realize how exhausted I am. I told him I'm already there. Last night she was up all night and I about lost it. Poor hubby is dealing with my wrath today. Hopin' to get a nap in at some point.

in between poopy baths
in between poopy baths
bath time!
bath time
before her dr. appt
before her doctors appt
IMG_0273[1]
Love the bunny feet
love the bunny feet

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you and Justin, she is beautiful! :)
    You are definitely not alone in the new mommy exhaustion department! But hang in there!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete