CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1st Trip to Church

On Sunday we took Violet to church for the first time! I was scared that she would cry but she actually did great! She stayed awake most the time and I just had to rock her car seat in the chair next to me to keep her from getting fussy. I'm still amazed at how much she doesn't sleep! I have never heard of a newborn being awake all day. She has been taking like one nap a day. I have a feeling my house will be a disaster for a few months. When she is asleep I'm terrified of cleaning up and making any kind of noise that will wake her. Although she does usually sleep through my dogs barking so that's good. Yesterday I took her to Joann's Fabric store, it was our first trip out of the house without Justin. So scary. We pulled up and she was crying so I sat in the back and fed her a bottle for a good 30 minutes hoping to knock her out. No such luck. I almost went home cuz I was so scared she would be screaming in there. Finally I manned up and took her in. I ended up having to push the cart with one hand and feed her the bottle with the other for pretty much the whole time. I would pull it out and she would start to get fussy. By the time we were checking out she was zonked out finally. Mission accomplished! I was pretty proud of myself for not chickening out. I learned a lesson though, I will always make sure to carry a bottle with me wherever I go! Thank goodness for electric pumps.

Church outfit, flower as big as her head!
church dress, flower as big as her head!

guess the pastor put her to sleep!
guess the pastor put her to sleep

Mommy and me outing
mommy and me outing

thank goodness for my pump, daddy can give mommy a break!
thanks to my pump daddy can give mommy a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment