CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Worst Mother on the Block

Today has been the worst day. It all started with Max my crazy german shepherd jumping on me and getting mud all over my clean pants. This is a daily occurrence yet it infuriates me each time. Then it got really bad. I might even receive an award for the worst mother of all time. Violet fell off the couch. Yes its true, I am horrible and left my baby on the couch unattended. I do it every morning, why I ask was it any different today. I set her in the boppy semi propped up on the couch and went into the kitchen to make some toast. She has been trying to sit herself up lately and I think tha'ts what happened. She somehow tumbled over the side of the boppy off the couch onto the cold hard hardwood floor. I heard a loud thunk and screaming. I think my heart stopped. There she lay flat on her back, screaming bloody murder probably wondering how her mother could allow this to happen. I had a panic attack and did what any other girl would do, I called my mom. So anyways, I ended up talking to the doctor and everything is fine. She is acting normal and as happy as can be. I have to keep an eye on her today and she may get some bruises but my precious angel is just fine. So I pretty much feel like a terrible horrible mom. This was worse than the time I locked her in the car in the Walmart parking lot when she was 3 weeks old and the firetruck came with sirens blazing. Good thing babies are so forgiving. From now on Miss V will be left in the swing or on the floor on a blanket, no more  couch!!



My little chunk
Eating her hands- her favorite activity
Her feet barely reach the ground but she loves the lights and sounds

Doesn't get much cuter than this!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel- I hope you're not still kicking yourself for her little accident, it's just one of many bumps and bruises she's going to get and they will all make you feel horrible! Violet is so cute, can't wait to see you guys again soon

    ReplyDelete