CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Justin's Anxiety Attack

Justin likes to tell me that I'm losing my mind. This post is just another example of this... sometimes I think he's right. Last Saturday a lady came to our door with a name tag on that read "SPCA Volunteer". Oh boy, anything with the SPCA and me is trouble. She proceeded to tell me that she lives down the street and has seen us with our German Shepherds many times and thinks that we take great care of them. Ok, where is she going with this I start thinking. Well, a new little 5 month old purebred German Shepherd has turned up at the SPCA she then informed me. She was wondering if we were interested in another dog!? Oh boy, oh geezo. I quickly calculate in my head that would mean I would be responsible for 4 dogs... all 3 and under. Then, the volunteer tried to lure me in more with photos of the puppy on her camera. Oh my gosh, cutest little guy ever. I glance around the corner at Justin who is desperately trying to hold the other dogs back from mauling the lady. I put that pleading look in my eye and look at him, silently begging. have to have this puppy. I let her know we will think about it and discuss it. I immediately decide that I have to go and get this poor dog right that instant. That volunteer came to our house, to us, for a reason. It is meant to be Justin, I keep telling him. He starts to sweat and starts mumbling incoherently. It's ok honey, we can handle it, I will take care of it I plead, 3 is totally the same as 4! He tries to tell me that he can't possibly walk 3 dogs at once while riding his bike, plus all the training he does with our other dogs. This is just nonsense I think. I inform him that I will be going to the SCPA and getting the dog even if he won't come with me. I even try to talk him into going and atleast looking at it... he doesn't fall for this trick. He knows if I we go see it, we will be bringing it home. At this point, I don't think Justin knows what to say, he knows I have my mind set. "I think I'm having an anxiety attack" stumbles out of his mouth. He is dead serious at this point. It sounds funny now but at the time he didn't think it was too humurous. Unfortunately the SPCA closed at 4 that day, and the lady didn't come over until about 3:55. I have since decided to wait to get another dog, atleast until after the wedding. That was a close one, Justin says... if that volunteer would of come any earlier that day, and I had time to go over there, right now we would have a cute new puppy at home, probably eating our couch. So if any volunteers are reading this for animal shelters or rescues, please come to my house or call before you close for the day! I don't like to sleep on things...

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You know you want more puppies because you want babies, right? I think it's a woman thing. Every time I start thinking about a new puppy, I know its because my biological clock is going off. I have this feeling you'll be a mama sooner than anyone realizes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story almost gave me an anxiety attack just thinking about having 4 dogs. I would absolutely freak out. I'd say Justin took it quite well.

    ReplyDelete