CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Quick Fixes

I bought Violet these adorable Disney Princess pjs from Walmart for $5 in size 18 months.  We excitedly went home (ok maybe I was the only excited one) and put them on.  Ok what the heck.  We could barely get the shirt on and once we did it looked like a skin tight work out shirt.  Under Armour for babies.  It also was about 2 inches above her belly button.  I wish I took a picture of it.  It was literally comparable to a size 0-3 shirt.  On the bright side, the pants fit great.  So I guess if your baby is incredibly skinny and has a short torso, this might work.

Time for a quick fix! I had this 3 pack of hanes 2-3t cami tops that I bought hoping would fit V.  They were too big and super wide (who makes these clothes anyhow?  Do they not test them on babies?).  So I turned the tank inside out, did a quick seam on either side about an inch in, eyeballing it- measuring takes to long.  Then I cut out the Disney princess picture on the front of the shirt and sewed it to the front of the cami.  Bada bing bada boom.  Problem solved!  I had bought another pj set in tinkerbell as well, so I whipped a top up for that too.  10 minutes tops to complete both!  Now they should fit through the whole summer!

best pic I could get of this mover and shaker




I also had these adorable dresses that were gifts given to me when she was first born.  They are a longer length and I figured it would be hard for her to crawl with them covering her knees.  So I bunched up the front on either side of the bottom of the dresses and put a few hand stitches in.  I could have done it on the back too but I didn't want to spend anymore time on it.  Since they are hand sewn, they can easily be removed once she is walking.  Hooray for quick fixes!




i also added a chiffon flower to it, thought it needed a little somethin' extra

No comments:

Post a Comment