CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Porch Makeover for Less Than $20

My front porch was needing a little TLC.  I took a break from working on the inside of the house to cutesy it up.  All for less than $20.  The only thing I had to buy was a small can of paint for the front door and some annuals.  Everything else was stuff I had at home already.

I love the navy blue door! I really wanted red but that would be too Christmassy with the green trim.

My mom had given me the Faith sign, I painted the frame gold and added some rosettes.

burlap/rosette wreath- love this.  Violet's birthday theme is strawberries so I wanted to do a strawberry theme wreath.

wooden plaque that I had- added some paint, used my new chevron and monogram stencils.  Also added fabric tape (my new obsession) to the edges.

sorry about the glare.. saw this great idea on a blog I follow- SamsterMom... I created the sign on Picnic (another new obsession- creating printables on Picnik).  No more knocking Mr. UPS man!

Used pots I already had- some I spray painted and then 6 buckets of annuals.

the rest of the decorative items I had already.

this old bench was in our backyard, my MIL just informed me that its from an old church.  How cool is that? Now I love it even more!  I spray painted it navy.  The gingham bunting is my favorite.  I bought oil cloth scraps from Beverlys craft store and created this cute number.

I love how it turned out!  I get so happy when I drive up to it!  Bright, cheery and homey!  



Hopefully next year we are going to paint our house a buttery yellow with white trim and then I can have my red front door.  I dream of a sweet yellow farm house... with one of those red barn looking sheds they sell at Home Depot.  But for now, love the new porch!!

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! You are amazing! Maybe you can come and help me with our new little Loomis house!?

    ReplyDelete