CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Managing Addiction

What is my addiction you ask? Not cigarettes, I'm not a raging alcoholic and definitely not addicted to shopping (ok, maybe shopping but I'm not ready to confront that yet). Candy is the real issue here people. I'm not joking either. This is serious stuff. I sadly have to admit I even have a designated "candy drawer" in my kitchen.. and it is never empty. Some folks crave cakes and cookies and chocolate cream pies, but no, I crave any and all candy that is sweet, sour, chewy or hard. I pretty much cannot take a trip to the grocery store, gas station or craft store (yes they have candy there) without buying atleast a pack of starburst or a bag of jelly belly's. Yesterday I was working in Auburn and on my lunch break I stopped at the Savemart to grab a healthy snack. I ventured down the card aisle, planning on getting Justin a nice "thinking of you" or "love you honey" card. My eyes scanned the left side of the aisle at all the cards and then I happened to glance to the right side. Big mistake. It was the EASTER CANDY row. For some reason, Easter has exceptionally good candy. It seems all holidays are based on various sweet delicious treats and candies but Easter in particular has quite the variety. Maybe it's because most of it is pastel pink and baby yellow and my biological clock is ticking so anything that reminds me of babies makes me want it. So instead of getting a card for Justin, I just got candy... 4 large bags. I mean, I had to get the chicks and bunnies that are like circus peanuts, the sweettart ducks and bunnies and the sweettart gummy sugared bunnies, and of course the pastel candy corn. I got home last night and poured two bags into bowls and placed them on the counter so atleast I wouldn't be tempted to hide the bags in my nightstand and hog them all for myself (I do this sometimes). Justin just laughs but I swear I saw him searching "candy rehab centers" online. It's not like I have a problem, I just can't stop eating it and I don't want to. Besides God, family and friends its totally brings true happiness (and cavities, darn) to life. Have you ever seen someone eating candy frowning? I think not.

6 comments:

  1. Debra - Future mother-in-lawMarch 3, 2009 at 12:59 PM

    Candy, oh my what are we going to do with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be a genetic disorder. I must confess to eating at least one bag of cangy per day, on special days even more-- actually on that note, every day must be a special day for me. It was also not long ago that an entire bag of jelly belly sours was consumed by me ( which pretty much happens 5 days out of the week, the other days i try to mix it up giving other cany a chance), but for breakfast. I know what you are thinking CANDY FOR BREAKFAST? It sounds like a poorly made commercial. Maybe all the sisters should seek counseling and try to find the cause of our candy addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking, maybe this all started when we were little and Nana took us to the movies. How excited we all were unitl she whipped out the boxes of raisins. Now that is a traumatic experience. Then again,...I notice that Trixie has the same problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon to be Mrs. DickmeyerMarch 9, 2009 at 3:26 AM

    yes! that must be it! Nana, darn you! Or it was the fact that mom hid tons of candy in dishes in the cupboard in the kitchen, and wouldn't give us any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon to be Mrs. DickmeyerMarch 9, 2009 at 3:27 AM

    serious. if we could find a cure then maybe my dental bills would go down. haa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soon to be Mrs. DickmeyerMarch 9, 2009 at 3:32 AM

    you should ask your son about how he hides Hersheys chocolate in his nightstand...

    ReplyDelete