CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Big News!

Ok, everyone calm down. It's not that big of news. I didn't win the lottery, didn't get a new puppy and I certainly didn't get chosen to star in a new sitcom, "The Real Housewives of Rocklin" (I'm really crossing my fingers on that one). No, I'd like to announce that I joined Facebook! Hooray! This is a big step for me. I swore I would never get pulled into the obsession with online networking sites like myspace. I don't understand why anyone would want the whole world to know every mundane detail about your life. Facebook however, is fabulous. You can regulate who can view your profile and personal information, therefore, "saving the drama for your mama"... and the select few friends you want to glimpse into your life. It's only been 3 days and I'm already hooked. I even have like 30 friends... I might mention that 28 of them are family, but hey, it's my third day. So, last Thursday night I signed up for it, and Friday morning I went to login. You know what happened? Our internet connection had turned off. We are in the process of changing providers so now I would be without my precious internet and new network of Facebook friends for probably a week. I think I had a mild panic attack. No, no, this can't be right! I need my internet! So I did what any loyal facebooker would do in a crisis.... I found the nearest library, got a new library card and got an hour of internet time on the community computer. It was a little wierd to have all these people around me able to view my screen, I mean, a little privacy people. That's why they have security settings on Facebook to begin with, so you creepies can't peer over my shoulder and see my address. Ugg.. Anyways, I think Justin laughed for a full five minutes when I told him I was so desperate for internet that I went to the local library. He was kind enough to borrow a laptop from his parents house for my use. Oh, and as far as how I am writing this post on the internet right now, I am currently "borrowing" a wireless connection from Wade. Whoever you are Wade, thanks. You saved my life, or atleast the next week until my new wireless router shows up. I would send him a thank you card but I'm not sure which neighbor he is...

1 comment:

  1. Debra - Future mother-in-lawMarch 3, 2009 at 12:58 PM

    Internet - Oh ya I forgot to remind you that Feb 27 was the turnoff date. I have been warning Justin to get on it. Another reminder you are 8 weeks from the great day we call WEDDING.

    ReplyDelete