CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pre-Wedding Food Consumption

I was going to title this post "Pre-Wedding Diet" but I thought that didn't really sound right since I am not actually "dieting". People that know me and my eating habits know I couldn't possibly have the self-control to diet. Food is my weakness. My absolute favorite activity is to go out to eat... breakfast, lunch or dinner, I like them all! So, about a month ago I went and had my dress altered to fit a little snugger. This last Wednesday I got to go pick it up, after I tried it on, to make sure it fit correctly. I was so excited to get to take the dress home, I may have even had a little sparkle in my eye.....and then, my mother and the alterations gal spent 5 minutes trying to zip it up. Wow, not how I wanted this to go! As soon as it was zipped and hooked, I began gasping for air. I couldn't breathe. I was going to suffocate and die before I even got to get married. This was a nightmare. I tried to tell myself that it would be ok, I will just back off the heavy snacking for the next two months till the big day. After 30 more seconds I realized I would have to live like an ethiopian in order for this dress to fit! Luckily, I realized I was wearing a very thick undergarment so I could remove that and finally breathe again... barely. Now happy with the fit I left the bridal store reminding myself that I would still need to "watch" what I eat. For those of you that have seen the movie Bride Wars, "you don't alter a Vera Wang to fit you, you alter you for Vera". In my case I suppose it's "you don't alter a Davids Bridal gown, you alter you for your gown". It is now Sunday, it has been 4 days since I vowed to only munch on healthy food and snacks like veggies, fruit and maybe some candy.. just a little (hey I can't give up everything cold turkey). Thursday night I went to a sushi and chinese food all-you-can-eat buffet; but I had to it was their grand opening... Friday, I had a Carl's Jr. bacon cheeseburger and fries for lunch; once again I felt this was justified because if I didn't give in to my initial craving I would leave work and head straight for Carl's Jr. for maybe two double-bacon western cheeseburgers which would be quite worse. After work it was nachos and loaded potato skins from Fridays. Saturday I was good..until I had 4 large slices of Roundtable pepperoni pizza and a chocolate cupcake. Oops. Today is Sunday, I woke up planning on having nutritious meals and maybe hitting the gym. So far I have laid on the couch all day, alternating between HGTV, the Lifetime Network, and Desperate Housewives. Oh, and after eating scrambled eggs with sausage, I ate a bunch of candy, thick slice of banana bread and... 4 more pieces of pepperoni pizza. What is wrong with me? I had consumed all of that by 2pm today. I have a serious portion control problem. Immediately after I scarfed the pizza down, I confessed to Justin what I had just done and told him this is why I do not like having this kind of food in my home, I can't stop myself. It's almost as if I have to keep eating it in case I never get to experience its amazing delicious taste again though I will probably get the chance to eat pizza next week! My mind must not be working properly with my stomach, this can't be normal. Surely I will be able to maintain control for two more months... surely....

3 comments:

  1. Debra - Future mother-in-lawFebruary 24, 2009 at 3:11 AM

    Rachel - As you know your future mother in law is also watching what she eats. It is not easy. But you are going to have to give it up cold turkey. My suggestion is lots of fruit and veggies, for the chocolate try the low fat pudding it is great, but only one. You can dip your apples in the pudding so you feel like you are eating chocolate covered strawberries.
    Also, you must hit up the gym. Movement is the only thing that is removing the fat! Good luck, you are going to be a beautiful BRIDE.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and told him this is why I do not like having this kind of food in my home"
    Yep! I find myself saying this to Jason every time he orders pizza, haha. I believe in the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing...cuz if it's not in your house, you won't want it.
    Fruit is awesome when you have a sweet tooth... fruit salads are the best...strawberries, grapes, apples, bananas, oranges...it's yummy! You can fill up on all you want without the guilt =) Oh and try to stay away from coffee and any artificial sweetners. I recently learned that those things are really bad for your body in many, many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon to be Mrs. DickmeyerMarch 9, 2009 at 3:31 AM

    ya, I love fruit salad too! Have you ever had frozen grapes? This is one of my favs. You just freeze a bag of them and then it's like eating candy! So so good.

    ReplyDelete