CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birthday Get Away

For Justin's 31st birthday we decided it was time to get away for a night without V, for the first time.  Scary I know.  We went up to North Lake Tahoe and stayed in these cute little cabin/cottages we had previous stayed at when we got engaged.  They are really affordable and super cute, check them out if you need a place to stay in North Lake-- www.rusticcottages.com.

My parents watched Violet for us and from what we hear she did awesome!  Besides the fact that she got that awful stomach flu that's going around the night we left.  My mom found throw up in her bed (packnplay) Sunday morning.  My poor little baby.  The first time she throws up and I am not there!  But besides that it all went well.  She napped there and slept all night long.  So proud of my little monkey.  Proud of me too for actually leaving her.  I have never been away from her for more than a few hours so this was a big step for mommy.

I had a lot of fun spending alone time with my man and actually eating a meal without a toddler was amazing.  We wern't there all that long and realized next time two nights would be better.  You just start to relax and it's time to go home already.  I def. missed V and had to force myself not to look at pictures of her on my phone.  Its crazy how exhausting she is and how I always wish I could take a break, and then the minute I get one I miss her like crazy!  That's how it goes I suppose. 

Funny thing happened on our little trip.  On our way up there I realized my temporary implant was loose.  If you were not aware, I have a fake tooth in the top front of my mouth.  Right now its temporary while I wait for the permanent one to be made.  We stopped for some temp. bonding stuff at the drug store so I could try to fix it.  Bad idea.  When we got there I yanked it out, shoved some bonding in the hole and tried to stick it back onto the metal implant.  Uh oh.  Not fitting.  My tooth was literally hanging down half a tooths length past the others.  Yes... like a vampire tooth on one side.  I couldn't even bite down.  Can you even imagine how ridiculous this looked?  I kept trying to fix it and nothing.  I planned on sucking it up and dealing with it... maybe eating soup for dinner.  The hubby could not handle it.  He said he couldn't look at me seriously for the whole weekend.  So I sucked it up, and worked and worked to get it back on correctly.  Few hours later and we were back in business.  I will spare you a picture of it (yes we took a dozen).  So there you have it.  Of course that happened right?




1 comment:

  1. The two of you make such a wonderful couple, I
    am so proud and love you both very much. Love mom D

    ReplyDelete