CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One Month Old

Annabelle is now 5 weeks old.  Our sweet baby girl is doing relatively better.  She only projectile vomits every few days now.  A huge improvement.  She still takes acid reflux medicine daily and it seems to help a little.  Unfortunately she still suffers from crazy stomachaches and gas pains constantly.  The poor thing can't eat without getting a tummy ache.  Sometimes she can't even eat because she's in so much pain.  Hopefully with time she will grow out of it.

She has been a terrible night sleeper which has been rough.  The past few days it has improved thankfully.  I swaddle her tight and put her in the swing on high speed with the womb machine on the loudest setting.  It seems to be working.  For three nights she has slept for 2 or 3 hour increments twice each night.  Doesn't sound that great right?  It's an improvement though from what we were at.  She has a lot of tummy pain at night sometimes so it wakes her frequently.  I am still a total zombie though because it's definitely not enough sleep for me!  The lack of sleep with an infant is still the hardest part about being a mom I think.  I keep wondering how long can my body go on this little of sleep?

Annabelle has been really good during the day time except when her tummy is acting up. She naps alot which is nice.  The past couple days though she has done a total 180 during the day.  She has been staying up all day pretty much with a few 15 minute cat naps here and there.  And lots of crying.  Lots.  Even when I am holding her.  It has been exhausting to say the least.  Hopefully its a phase because it has been terrible.  I can barely use the restroom or grab something to eat because I don't want to let her just scream.  Plus I have Violet to watch and entertain.  What the heck was I thinking have kids 19 months apart?  Guess I wasn't thinking.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my girls.  But I will not be having kids this close together again.  And I may be certifiably insane here soon.


I still can't get over all the hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment