CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

House Project #2

The master bedroom is done! Finally!  More importantly the whole upstairs is done and now I can move on to downstairs.  I am so excited about how it turned out.  I love it! 

love love love it! Justin built me the bed crown, he did awesome! I just used some old curtains from my old house and sewed a few together to make them really long.  I also added some gold fringe to inner edges.  The paint color is inspired by Tiffany blue.  I actually took a little Tiffany jewelry bag into Lowe's to have them match it.

This is my very favorite piece of furniture I own! It used to be in the garage and Justin's parents used it for tools.  I knew it had potential!  I love me an antique and it just needed some TLC.  Justin painted it a glossy cream color and then I painted the decorative trim (you can't see the beautiful detail from the pic) in high gloss white and the blue. 

Back left corner of the room, again, the curtains are from my old house, tassels from Ross, all the decor is mostly stuff I already had or from thrift shops.

Other side of the curtains and my Ikea wardrobe.  Love that thing, It fits perfectly behind the door.  I took off the boring metal knobs and replaced them with pink crystal antique style ones with mini tassles.

The pics on my dresser- love the little girl picture, its what I think Violet will look like!  The wedding party bouquets and my little chubby baby, only 2 weeks old.  I painted the back two frames to match the wall color.  The frame on the right was only a $1 at Ace hardware.  I love a good deal (ask my hubby and he will say I like too many good deals!)

Loooove my nightstands from Target.  I love the look of mirrored furniture.  I recovered my old lamps in turquoise and cream damask and changed the table knobs to pink glass.

These were made with wallpaper scraps

My side of the bed.  Don't you love the bottle with the rhinestone crown topper?  I love rhinestones and sparkle if you couldn't tell..

Got the wall decal on etsy, just added some gold trim to the wall sconce that was already there.  I really want a crystal (not real crystal) wall sconce and will probably replace that later.  The chair is a real antique.  It is awesome.  It belonged to Justin's Great Great Great Grandpa I believe.  I love how the leather is worn away in places and is scratched up.  Such character.


Right side wall- another antique dresser.  This was unpainted and just the bare wood so I did gloss white and added some clear crystal knobs.  I think this was Justin's grandma's.  The cute box on top holds all my rings and bracelets.

Next to the dresser in the last pic, by my side of the bed is this trio.  I hung them all on pink velvet ribbon.

Different view

My pillows! You can never have enough!  I made the back right one with the same fabric as the lampshades.  I also made the pink velvet one in front of that and of course the felt flower pillow as featured in my etsy shop.

You are probably wondering how I got away with all the pink... Justin was against it at first but now he says he loves the room, pink and all.  



So thats it! I love everything about it!  It's a room that isn't used much but it makes me happy to walk in there.  Now onto the family room...

2 comments:

  1. I love your room! Come decorate my house!!!! Your night stands look like the ones I wanted from Ethan Allen, but I'd take Target any day :)

    Michele N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to be a follower! I love your rooms!! So couture!!!
    OMG. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete