CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sewing for V

I have made a couple cute things things lately I wanted to share.  I feel like I never have time to sew for V anymore since I started Etsy.  I swear Etsy is taking over my life! Every free second I am working on orders.  Uggg.. I love it but I wish I had more time to work on my house and sew cute stuff for my darling girl.  I have had fabric sitting on my craft table for a shopping cart cover for like 3 months.. just waiting to be made! Oh well, such is life...

I bought a little tutu skirt at Walmart for $5 and decided to add a little fluff.  All I did was make a pink chiffon ruffle and sew it all around the bottom.  Simple and oh so much cuter.  The shirt is my fav.  An ice cream cone with an appliqued cone and chiffon fluff for the ice cream.  Too bad the shirt is already like too small for her.  Size 18-24 months and already like an under armour shirt.  Jeezo.  The cute leg warmers you can't really see but they have pink bunnies at the top band and I added pink bows.  They were women's socks I got at Joann's in the Easter section.  Pretty darn adorable right?


not wanting to stand to show off her pretty outfit

this is what we call the "cheeser" grin.  she does it constantly.

Our neighbor gave Violet this cute little hoodie and I had been dying to do this tutorial  I saw on www.prudentbaby.com.  I hadn't been able to find a cute infant hoodie so the neighbor saved the day.  All I did was add the horse silhouette, ruffle and flower to the front.  The fabric I used (except the horse) is jersey (tshirt material) so it doesn't fray.  No hemming needed.  I love simple projects!

the only good pic I could get!



I recently threw my sis a bachelorette party even though he isn't planning to get married till next year.  We figured I would be pregnant or have a newborn if we waited.  I did a vintage pinup theme which turned out pretty cute.  My sis hates anything pink, sparkly, or cutesy.. basically all the things I love!  I knew she wouldn't wear a boa or tiara or sash so I made her a necklace.  I knew she wouldn't wear it so it is basically a keepsake.  I think it turned out so cute!!


here we are, ready to party!


So those are the few projects I have done in between etsy orders.  Up next, adding some fluff to Violet's Easter dress and a matching headband.

Oh and I wanted to share some super good websites for all things girly.  Pettiskirts, pettirompers, bloomers,etc.  These types of items usually cost a fortune so I always just plan on making them myself.  Well I found some wholesale sites that sell the cutest stuff for dirt cheap.. way cheaper in time and money than making them.  So I decided I don't need to make Violet everything and bought some stuff.  If you have girls, check these out:

www.poutinpink.com
www.craftjunkiesupplies.com
www.sassygirlswholesale.com
www.bandnbowdepot.com
www.alwaysunderpay.com
www.wholesalegirls.com
www.littlegirlmart.com

1 comment:

  1. You make me want a girl so bad!! You are so talented and creative, I love seeing all the stuff you make for Sweet Violet...she is just the cutest baby girl ever!

    ReplyDelete