CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

House Project #1

We moved into our house here in Loomis when I was 9 months pregnant.  Not ideal.  (side note- we live in the house Justin grew up in.. pretty cool huh) So basically we still have boxes to unpack and lots of projects to complete.  We are redoing the whole inside of the house- repainting the whole thing, adding lots of molding, refinishing the kitchen cabinets, and more.  We have already added a new window and new slate tile floor in the kitchen.  As you know working on stuff like this is hard with a baby.  I'm thinking maybe a year to get it near finished.  So until then- you can't come over, its a disaster.

This weekend we actually made some progress.  I've been trying to get the upstairs finished before moving to downstairs and I'm almost there.  Violet's room is complete, I finished the bathroom this weekend and our bedroom is painted and just needs to be decorated (sew curtains, pillows, etc.).  Justin and I also painted the stairwell so maybe another week or so on the upstairs.  Depending on how much Violet lets me get done. 

Justin's mom actually painted most of our living room on Saturday too which was a huge help.  We are actually seeing progress which makes me feel good and makes the dream of completion seem visible. 

So here is the upstairs bathroom, it's very tiny so I kept it simple..


I took a painting I no longer wanted and added some velvet ribbon, a wallpaper scrap and a decorative applique
cute little candle chandelier
I made some cafe curtains
added some chippy red painted hardware
I monogrammed the toothbrush holder ( I am currently obsessed with monograms and velvet)

monogrammed the trash can

It's a glass enclosed shower but I still wanted to do a curtain.  I made this with vintage style handkerchiefs.
also added velvet ribbon to the bathmat
not alot of storage in this small space- had to be creative!
added molding and painted the medicine cabinet glossy red, added velvet ribbon to hand towels

and there u have it.. my bathroom! (Justin uses downstairs)

1 comment: