CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sleep Update

Violet has been doing better sleeping at night lately.  Can I get a hallelujah? Every night is still different but we haven't had any nights as bad as those previous ones I posted about.  I have been doing lots of reading and have come to the conclusion that there are two key elements to baby sleeping well at night.

1. early bed time, 5pm is not too early--it is better to put them to bed that early rather than a nap and later bedtime


2. good naps daily

Bingo! We gots number 1 but we don't gots number 2.  Violet has never taken a nap in her crib and I figured it's time to get that going.  I used to be a proponent of no crying to get your baby to sleep.  After reading lots of stuff I think that no way is wrong, you just gotta try out different things and see what works.  So, today is day three of laying Violet down in her crib for her morning nap.  I have decided to not let her cry more than an hour. 

The first day she cried for 20 minutes and then slept for 20.  I didn't let her cry anymore after that so that nap was done.  Day two she laid there for over an hour happily, but no sleep.  Day two I also added a toy to her crib that plays music and projects pictures on the ceiling.  I also have a cd playing on repeat (at night she has a womb sound machine on the highest volume).  I can't tell you about day three yet because she is currently in the process.  Fingers crossed.

We are going to get the first nap on track before we attempt the afternoon nap.  I don't want to overwhelm her.  Violet should be taking two naps for atleast 2 hours each and maybe even a shorter nap in late afternoon.  Are you kidding me? Do you know how much I could get done in that amount of time?  Jeezo.  I'm lucky to get two 20 minute naps out of her.  No wonder my days are not very productive!

Wish me luck on my journey to naptime bliss!

(side note: the key to letting your baby cry is not listening! Turn the monitor off or it will break your heart.)

and now for my favorite part of blogging... the pictures!

look at those baby blues!
peek a boo
new sling-- I made her a ring sling when I was prego but it's a pain to adjust, this one has no rings or buckles or anything!  She looks like my baby kangaroo!
loves her daddy


Justin went to Mcdonalds for coffee last weekend because we were out and came back with this....

who orders the pancake breakfast at mcdonalds? this is hilarious to me

No comments:

Post a Comment