CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Soooo Tired.

Looks innocent right? She's tricky.

 Baby will not go to sleep at night.  Period.  Not sure what's going on but the past few days have been terrible.  Saturday night I spent 3 hours trying to get her to sleep.  She would fall asleep for like 3 minutes and then wake up screaming.  I was pulling my hair out.  Finally I gave up and took her to bed with me.  She has only slept in our bed twice the first two nights she was home.  She nursed and was out immediately.  She pretty much slept all night.  I however didn't sleep.  I couldn't sleep because I was worried Justin would roll onto her or the blanket would suffocate her.  Rough night.

Sunday was bad too.  It took 3 hours again to get her to sleep.  This time she ended up sleeping for an hour.  Then she woke a few more times and finally... finally slept till 1:30 am.  I fed her and she slept till 5:45am and then till 7:30am.  I did not sleep a wink all night though.  I was so exhausted and stressed out about her sleeping that my body was like in shock.  Horrible.

So, last night went a little better.  She only woke up three times between 6pm and 9:30pm. I actually got to have a little time to watch tv and relax.  At two Justin flushed the toilet and woke her up.  Uh oh.  Not supposed to do that.  Our whole house has paper thin walls and ceilings and creaky hard wood so we have to be extra conscious of being quiet.  Like not flushing in the night and walking downstairs sideways (less creaking).Funny huh.

Ok, so flush wakes her up... can you say I was furious? It took an hour to get her back to sleep and even then she kept wimpering for another hour.  She slept till about 6:30am when Justin left for work, which happened the day before to. Our front door expands in the cold and is super hard to close.  Needless to say it's very loud!  So I took her to bed again and got her to snooze a little longer. 

That is the story of my little non-sleeper.  20 minute naps and nighttime madness are catching up to me.  I am reading a bunch of books on it right now so hopefully we see change soon. 



I made Justin get up Sunday morning with her so I could sleep a little more.  She had a poop explosion and Justin decided to dress her in a giant tshirt.  So funny.  She looked like a little homeless kid.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! Violet is seriously too cute, I never had a bald baby so I think they are so adorable ;) I know everyone throws in their two-cents when you have your first baby..gets annoying! Here is mine anyways---lots of white noise! Cole had the same problems with sleeping for long periods and I finally figured out that the quiet was making it worse for him. I bought a cheap cd player and got some "nature" sounds (ocean waves) cd's that I left on repeat pretty loud in his room all night. Brady and Carlyn each use the sleep sheep ocean sounds and I swear by it. Sounds crazy but noise helps!
    One of these mornings we'll have to grab coffee in Loomis, I take Cole to school off Sierra College so I'm always ther ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet & Landon=twins

    Landon has decided he HATES sleep, naps included. Last night he finally fell asleep at 12:30ish. He slept in his crib until 4ish when Jason's alarm went off (but still I was shocked he slept that long!). Then he wouldn't go back to sleep. Lately I've been having to have him sleep with me, with a boob in his mouth. Of course I barely get any sleep because it's just not comfortable trying to sleep with a baby on you nursing... and I am so afraid he's going to roll off the bed!! And I hear you on the poop explosions. Sometimes there's poo EVERYWHERE and I just wanna break down and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the twins were like that while we were figuring out the formula issues...imagine that x 2... i...wanted...to...die!!! :) Here's my 2 cents along with jills (cause you totally want it right? ha!) I swear by the gripe water and we have an ocean crib noise thingy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks jill and alexis for the advice! i do not get annoyed at all, i really want all the advice i can get! you guys have way more experience! she does have a womb sounds machine that is on the highest volume all night long. we have used it since the beginning and she loves it. I havent tried the gripe water, i use the gas drops tho. maybe i'll try the water. melissa.. dont u just love trying to sleep with ur nipple being chewed on all night? haaa.. no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete